The International 2016 Regional Qualifiers will be held in two phases for all the regions.
- A round robin stage featuring all the teams in the group.
- Each team will face off against other teams in their region.
- All games are a Best of 1 series. Winner is awarded 3 points. Loser is awarded none.
- Winner of the group will secure a slot at The International 2016.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams will advance to Phase 2. The remaining teams are eliminated.
- A double elimination bracket featuring the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams from Phase 1.
- All games except Grand Finals are a Best of 3 series.
- Grand Finals is a Best of 5 series.
- Winner of the bracket will secure a slot at The International 2016.
- The runner up of the bracket will go to Seattle to fight in the Wildcards against third place teams from other regions for the final two slots at the Main Event.